Spread the love
Read Time:2 Minute, 50 Second
- Description: Working with the Artemia4Bangladesh project team, the post holder will join the efforts to design the interventions and implement activities to establish and disseminate integrated salt, Artemia and Aquaculture to increase food and nutrition security of salt farmers.
- Eligibility, Location and Duration: This position will be based at WorldFish`s Office in Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in April 2021 for an initial one (1) year fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
- Monitoring and coordination process integrity of technical implementation of the project activities to introduce salt and Artemia production system and to increase marine aquaculture production and productivity in the Cox’s Bazar district.
- Provide technical assistance to set up demonstration farms for Artemia cyst and biomass, and saline tolerant species aquaculture in salt farms.
- Provide technical assistance the activities to increase aquaculture production and productivity through locally produced Artemia cyst and biomass.
- Coordinate to enhance marine aquaculture technologies such as shrimp, crab, marine fish production.
- Organize review of research data collected by the research team; identify and responsibly address issues in execution.
- Prepare progress/quarterly/ annual reports, write scientific publications aligned with project activities.
- Advise research team on progress of research activities and identify issues in the implementation of experiments and data quality.
- Guide internal and external partners/stakeholders on compliance/protocols to support the project activities and safety guidelines.
- Sustain quality of research work by providing supervision to Research Assistants and field staffs as appropriate ensuring field research and procedures are executed consistently and with rigor.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Aquaculture, Fisheries, Marine sciences, and other development related subjects.
- At least 5 year(s)
- This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in research / survey work, private sector, community discussion, and data collection, organize meeting/ workshop/ seminar, writing meeting minutes, reports in Aquaculture/ fisheries or related areas.
- Track record of writing scientific publications, reports.
- Ability and willingness to travel in remote areas with locally available transportation. Willing and able to travel by motorcycle with valid driving license.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy in standard MS Office programs, data analysis, prepare presentations.
- A good understanding in operation and practices of salt farms, shrimp hatcheries and farms in Bangladesh.
- Diversified experience including monitoring & evaluation, report preparation, planning and presentations.
- A demonstrated record of inter-disciplinary, partnership building, and the desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with approximate annual salary ranging between BDT 1,032,535 – BDT 1,162,127 per annum. WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest.