Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971.
This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 48 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the following position of its Myanmar Refugee Relief Operation (MRRO), Cox’s Bazar :
|Job Title||:||Admin Officer.|
|No. of position||:||01 (One).|
|Reportable to||:||DD & In-Charge MRRO.|
|Duration of contract||:||Initially upto 31 December 2020 (with possibility of extension).|
|Salary Range||:||Upto BDT. 65000/- (With other admissible benefit as per Organization/ project policy)|
|Age Limit||:||35 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate).|
|Duty station||:||MRRO, Cox`s Bazar.|
Purpose: Under the direct supervision and management of In-Charge, the Admin Officer will be responsible for overall administrative activities of Myanmar Refugee Relief Operation (MRRO) project of BDRCS. The position will work closely with project management team both NHQ and Cox’s Bazar and will maintain strong coordination with Admin & HR and DR department of BDRCS and as well as Program Management of UNHCR.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure necessary administrative and logistical support to project team and perform day to day administration of project activities and for the facilitation of the exchange of information between related stakeholders in the project implementation process.
- Perform various purchasing functions; review and/or prepare bid packages for equipment or supplies; oversee the approval of all departmental purchase orders with the existing financial and procurement policy of BDRCS.
- Prepare complex bids and specifications.
- To manages, supervises and coordinates the activities and operations of the Administrative division within an assigned department including purchasing, budgeting, accounting and staff personnel files,
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommend, within organizational policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Perform a variety of personnel administration functions; review employee evaluations; ensure accuracy and completeness; review formal documents including reprimands, suspensions, and terminations.
- Maintain manual file systems, diaries, appointment systems, scheduling and arranging meetings on daily and weekly and monthly basis.
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the annual budget; participate in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments.
- Serve as the liaison for the assigned department with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies; negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial issues.
- Creating and updating the national and international staff contact lists (telephone, mobile, e-mail and address lists) as required.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the line manager.