Terre des hommes
- About Terre des hommes:
- Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief.
- Following the massive displacement of around 900,000 Rohingya people into Bangladesh, since the end of August 2017, Tdh is implementing an emergency response program to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees and host communities, notably on Child protection, WASH and Health. Tdh`s Child Protection (CP) program consists of three main components: Psychosocial Support (PSS) to children, adolescents, and caregivers; Case Management, including Alternative Care and Caring for Child Survivors, and Support to Community-based CP mechanisms.
- Job Description :
- The Pharmacy storekeeper manages the receiving, storage, safe-keeping and delivery of medicines, goods, consumables, and equipment used by Tdh or under the responsibility of Tdh.
- He/she participates in the drafting and monitoring of all administrative documents related to stored items.
- Maintenance of buildings, storage spaces and stored equipment:
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure: ensure temperature and equipment inside the store is working properly
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces, to be sure the storekeeper is always present if someone else is in the Pharmacy store
- Introduce protection against insects and pests inside the storage spaces and apply treatment upon the first sign of infection
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt. Put aside non-compliant or infected products and report to the logistics officer and PHC Manager
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage.
- Ensure the safety of the items inside the store, liaise with Log Site Supervisor if safety is compromised.
- Management of stock:
- All health (medications and medical equipment and consumables) stock will be your responsibility
- Pay special attention to expiration dates, using and donating items before potential waste of stock
- Complete dispatch and receipt documents used and kept in compliance with Tdh standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing weekly orders: ensuring protocols are followed and soft pharmacy stock inventory is precise
- Maintain updated inventory lists
- Participate in monthly stored goods and equipment inventories and reconciliation with what should be in stock, sharing with management and logistic department
- Participate in 3-month medical PSRs, knowing the needs of the PHC
- Drafting of reports:
- Participate in the writing of SIRs, PSRs and stock reports on time
- All reports should be made on soft copy and saved properly
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned by the Line Manager
- Minimum of Higher Secondary School with proper job experience or pharmacy training
- Suggested Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm), Diploma in Medical Technology in Pharmacy (Minimum Grade B- under Bangladesh Pharmacy Councill)
- Skills Required: Pharmacist
- At least 1 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Minimum 1-year working experience as a Pharmacist
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Work experience in humanitarian crisis is a plus
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf)
- Tk. 39750 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Health Cost Reimbursement
Read Before Apply
Tdh and Tdh employees are required to abide by the values and principles outlined in Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies.
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistle-blowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff.
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including:
Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies.
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in all positions. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children. Are you interested to join our committed team to face this challenge?